Pasta with Creamy Red Bell Pepper Sauce
Super creamy, super easy, and pretty healthy! I love this recipe and I hope you do too!
- 1 lb. pasta regular or gluten free
- 3-4 red bell peppers roasted, peeled, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots or onions
- 5-8 cloves of garlic chopped
- pinch red chili flakes
- 1 1/2 tbsp tapioca flour or cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup non-dairy milk plain unsweetened
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3-4 cups greens, I used mizuna, but you can use spinach or kale, or chard
In a large frying pan, add olive oil, shallots, garlic, and chili flakes. Turn heat to medium
When the shallots are soft, mix in the tapioca flour till the shallots are coated
Stir in the white wine and non-dairy milk
When the sauce is thick, pour the mixture in a blender along with the roasted red peppers, nutritional yeast, and salt. Blend until smooth!
Place the pasta, sauce, and greens in a large frying pan and heat until the greens have wilted. Serve immediately.