Pasta with Creamy Red Bell Pepper Sauce
Super creamy, super easy, and pretty healthy! I love this recipe and I hope you do too!
- 1 lb. pasta regular or gluten free
- 3-4 red bell peppers roasted, peeled, trimmed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots or onions
- 5-8 cloves of garlic chopped
- pinch red chili flakes
- 1 1/2 tbsp tapioca flour or cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup non-dairy milk plain unsweetened
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3-4 cups greens, I used mizuna, but you can use spinach or kale, or chard
- In a large frying pan, add olive oil, shallots, garlic, and chili flakes. Turn heat to medium
- When the shallots are soft, mix in the tapioca flour till the shallots are coated
- Stir in the white wine and non-dairy milk
- When the sauce is thick, pour the mixture in a blender along with the roasted red peppers, nutritional yeast, and salt. Blend until smooth!
- Place the pasta, sauce, and greens in a large frying pan and heat until the greens have wilted. Serve immediately.