Earth day was created to inspire awareness of earth's natural environment. It was invented by U.S. Senator Gaylord Nelson in 1970. It's now celebrated in over 175 countries!
1. Buy and eat local food whenever possible. On that note, invest in some edible plants. Plants can make a house feel like a home. Why not buy one that you can eat? Check out my gardening posts for more info.
2. Make sure to only run your dishwasher when it's fully loaded. Save water and money : )
3. Never ever ever liter. Duh! Put trash in it's place.
4. Shop with reusable shopping bags. They are a huge way to cut down on plastic and they can be super fashionable!
5. Save those plastic tubs (the ones from sour cream, ricotta, etc.) from the grocery store and use them as tupperware you can give to your friends when you have leftovers. You'll never worry about getting your tupperware back from your friends again.